Smith & Williamson, 25 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AY
26th June 2012, 08.30 – 11.00
- 08.30 – Arrival/ Registration
- 0900 – Full English Breakfast served. Introduction by Mike Southon
- 0910 – 0940 – John Rosling, Shirlaws Coaching: Celebrating the Double Dip?
What entrepreneurs really need to know about the new economic landscape and where to invest cash and energy right now to maximise wealth and opportunity in the coming recovery phase.
- Top line economic cycle
- Stages and how this overlays with the macro cycle
- Therefore what do you need to invest energy and cash in now… What creates wealth in private business – the intangible conversation; using culture and talent to drive product and channel innovation and why that is the key to thriving in the coming recovery
0940 – 1010 – Guy Rigby, Smith & Williamson: Alternative Sources of Finance
Panel Session, also featuring Rupert Lee-Browne (Caxtonfx), Darren Westlake (Crowdcube), Anil Stocker (MarketInvoice) and Elizabeth Obee (Funding Circle)
1010 -10.40 – Ajaz Ahmed, Velocity – The Seven New Laws For A World Gone Digital
Ajaz Ahmed is founder of AKQA, the world’s largest digital agency. His new book Velocity is co-authored with Stefan Olander, vice president of digital sport at Nike.
Written as a conversation between the two men, this manifesto is charged with cutting-edge content and ideas and presents seven new laws all businesses need to know in order to thrive, including “Convenient Is the Enemy of Right,” “It’s Easier Done Than Said,” and “Have a Purpose Larger Than Yourself”.
Highly thought-provoking and utterly engaging, this book will turn perceptions about digital technology upside-down and arm readers with the knowledge to leave competitors behind and to create a better, smarter, and more inspiring future
- 10.40 – 1100 – Networking